Double Taxation and Double Tax Relief (DTR)
International tax matters are complex, and each country has its own rules. Each country seeks to treat its citizens fairly and to collect its fair share of tax from economic activity and its citizens.
How We Help with Double Taxation
We regularly advise overseas clients – ex pats and others – on their UK tax obligations. Often this is not limited to compliance matters – but one where we obtain unexpected additional tax benefits for clients.
This is a specialist area. It’s important to get the right advice. We have vast experience dealing with international tax and double taxation.
- We employ an in-house Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA), qualified by the Chartered Institute of Taxation. (CTA is the UK’s highest tax qualification.) He helps our clients reduce their taxes, and risks, by providing the highest quality advice for businesses and high net worth individuals.
- 60% of our tax staff have previously worked for HMRC – so we know how to effectively work with them – on your behalf.
- Recently an Indian national approached us for assistance with their tax returns and we identified that their tax code had been incorrectly adjusted by HMRC, we were able to leverage our experience to deal with this.
- A French national relocated to the UK and sought our advice to file his first tax return. On reviewing his affairs we advised him to restructure his UK tax affairs. As a result he received an annual tax refund of around £30,000.
- A client emigrated to the Middle East and received a UK income tax demand of over £700,000. We successfully argued with HMRC that this arose from non UK taxable income – and he obtained a refund.
Contact us for advice on double taxation and double tax relief.