Edmund Cartwright FCCA
Audit and Regional Director
Qualifications and Authorisation
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- Authorised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) to conduct audits
- Authorised as a Responsible Individual by the UK Financial Reporting Council (FRC) to conduct Public Interest Entity (PIE) audits.
Edmund has 11 years of audit experience and joined our senior management team in 2020. He advises many of our high-tech, manufacturing, healthcare, biomedical and not-for-profit clients. He has audit experience of:
- Subsidiaries of major household brands such as Apple, Fitbit, Airbnb, and Fujifilm.
- Charities include Helen Douglas House, Lincoln College and Lady Margaret Hall.
His broad experience helps him find ways to better of manage audit risks and create solutions for them.
- Adds value to his clients by providing high-quality advice backed by strong commercial acumen.
- Prepares tax planning advice and identifies tax-saving opportunities – sometimes saving many hundreds of thousands of pounds in a single year.
Edmund has completed many company audits despite unusually difficult circumstances e.g.
- Six audits for a company in two months.
- Audits to enable clients to win investment.
- Audits for clients seeking equity investment.
- Audits to overcome bad publicity.
- Audits to enhance anti-money laundering processes.
- Audits for politically exposed individuals and companies.
- Restructured a new client in order to save circa £250,000 in corporation tax each year, whilst enabling the company to qualify for R&D tax credits of circa £500,000 of expenditure each year.
- He saved a client many thousands of pounds in income tax by proactively engaging with companies the client wished to invest in, to enable SEIS and EIS status whilst liaising with an Independent Financial Advisor to roll a previous year’s capital gain into the EIS qualifying shares.
A self-confessed food aficionado, and was a supporter of the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. He lives in the Chilterns with his family where he enjoys country walks, and cooking BBQs in his spare time.