Charity and Not-for-Profit (NFP) VAT
How We Help Charities and NFPs
We minimise VAT payments for charities and NFPs by claiming VAT relief on:
- Property transaction costs
- Sales and commercial activities
We have many clients in the charity and not-for-profit (NFP) sector and in-depth experience. Some of our staff have experience in running charities. This means we understand the issues facing charities – and advise appropriately.
VAT Exemptions and Reliefs for NFPs
We make use of exemptions, and reliefs, when available and we:
- Advise on the most appropriate approach to VAT.
- Undertake specialist charity and NFP audits.
- We restructured an NFP and saved £250k of corporation tax each year. This increased their benefit and enabled them to grow.
- We structured a residential construction project involving disability works to obtain a VAT refund of over £20k.
Contact for help with your Charity and Not-for-Profit VAT.