Property / Real Estate VAT Expertise – London W1
We advise property developers, property buyers and construction businesses, on:
- Recovering VAT on incurred VAT on projects.
- Optimising VAT on the purchase (and sale) of properties.
We’ll help you improve your Property / Real Estate Tax position because we’re more than standard Chartered Accountants:
- 60% of our tax staff have previously worked for HMRC – so we know how to effectively work with them – on your behalf.
- We provide comprehensive advice. As a result, you receive great value because a single discussion can leverage multiple areas of our expertise.
We can advise across all of your business, and personal, affairs. We’ll optimise your current situation – and help you better plan for your future.
The complexity of the legislation means the many anomalies to the legislation require careful navigation to avoid traps and minimise tax.
Property VAT is complex:
- The type of building and its age can impact VAT.
- The specifics of the usage of a residential property requires expertise to ensure the best VAT outcome.
- VAT on a property purchase can substantially increase costs, financing needs and reduce profits.
- The VAT rules can allow for option to enter into the VAT regime.
Case Study: Holiday Lets
Our client had built up a substantial side line in holiday lets in which his customers booked through his own personal service company.
HMRC told him VAT needed to be charged on the turnover – which would have closed his business.
How We Helped
We reviewed the position and advised that the business was not subject to VAT by virtue of how it provided holidays to its customers.
HMRC accepted VAT did not need to be paid and as a result our client continues to trade.
Contact us today to relieve your property VAT headache – and reduce or recover your VAT. You’ll be pleased you did.